- Provide culturally relevant services to address the spiritual, psychological, biological, and sociological needs of persons who have historically been denied access to quality services.
- Serve as a training facility for persons pursuing a degree or professional license in psychology, social work or counseling.
- Partner with local, state, and federal agencies to provide opportunities for researchers and practitioners to learn more about the spiritual, psychological, and physical well-being of African Americans.
The Reid Temple Restoration Center, Inc. provides services to promote the educational, mental, physical, and spiritual well being of its congregants, residents in the Glenn Dale community, surrounding underserved communities, and the continent of Africa.
Since the primary mission of Reid Temple Restoration Center, Inc. is the delivery of wellness and mental health services, each Stephen Minister/Consultant who delivers said services shall be guided ethically by the general ethical standards of Christian counselors as well as the standards of his/her profession. For example, a psychologist shall adhere to the standards endorsed by the American Psychological Association, a social worker shall adhere to the standards endorsed by the National Association of Social Workers and a counselor shall adhere to the National American Counseling Association. Non-mental health staff and all those affiliated with Reid Temple Restoration Center, Inc. shall be guided by the following ethical guidelines:
- Individuals acknowledge that the first rule of professional-ministerial ethical conduct is: do no harm to those served.
Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself.Leviticus 19:18
- Individuals shall avoid any behavior or intent of exploitation, harm, and unjust discrimination. (
Do not cause anyone to stumble, whether Jews, Greeks or the church of God—even as I try to please everybody in every way. For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.) I Corinthians 10:32 – 33 (NIV)
- Individuals shall adhere to and emulate the vision and mission of Reid Temple A.M.E. Church and the Reid Temple Restoration Center, Inc. (
Where there is no vision the people perish…) Proverbs 29:18 (NIV)
- Individuals shall exude the Fruit of the Spirit. (
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.) Galatians 5:22-23 (NIV)
- Individuals maintain the highest level of professional competence. (
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.) II Timothy 2:15 (NIV); (“My son, preserve sound judgment and discernment, do not let them out of your sight”) Proverbs 3:21 (NIV)
- Individuals shall comply with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations regarding the release of health information (
Discretion will protect you, and understanding will guard you.) Proverbs 2:11 (NIV)
- Individuals shall treat co-workers, the public, care receivers and parishioners, as they would like to be treated. (
The second is this: Love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these.) Mark 12:31 (NIV)